Translate

Monday, December 22, 2014

THE DAILY OFFICE: Morning Prayer, December 22, 2014- The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. Isaiah 40:5

Although you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy


Thanks to Joan Fuetsch, photo


The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. Isaiah 40:5
INVITATORY AND PSALTER
Lord, open our lips.
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. Alleluia.
Psalm 100
Jubilate
Community of St Francis Office Book
All the earth cries out with joy to you,
serving you with gladness;
coming before you, singing for joy.
You, Creator of all, are God.
You made us, we belong to you.
We are your people, the sheep of your flock.
We go within your gates, giving thanks,
entering your courts with songs of praise.
We give thanks to you and bless your name.
Indeed, how good you are, O God,
eternal your merciful love.
You are faithful from age to age.
Psalm 23
1  The LORD is my shepherd; *
I shall not be in want.
2  You make me lie down in green pastures *
and lead me beside still waters.
3  You revive my soul *
and guide me along right pathways for your Name’s sake.
4  Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil; *
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5  You spread a table before me in the presence of those who trouble me; *
you have anointed my head with oil,
and my cup is running over.
6  Surely your goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, *
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 121
1  I lift up my eyes to the hills; *
from where is my help to come?
2  My help comes from the LORD, *
the maker of heaven and earth.
3  The LORD will not let your foot be moved *
and the One who watches over you will not fall asleep.
4  Behold, the One who keeps watch over Israel *
shall neither slumber nor sleep;
5  It is the LORD who watches over you; *
the LORD is your shade at your right hand,
6  So that the sun shall not strike you by day, *
nor the moon by night.
7  The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; *
the LORD shall keep you safe.
8  The LORD shall watch over your going out and your coming in, *
from this time forth for evermore.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.
THE LESSONS
Job 42:1-6 (NRSV)
Then Job answered the Lord:
“I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
‘Hear, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you declare to me.’
I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes.”
Canticle: Song of Zechariah
Luke 1:68-79
Blessed are you, Lord, the God of Israel; *
you have come to your people and set them free.
You have raised up for us a mighty savior, *
born of the house of your servant David.
Through your holy prophets you promised of old
to save us from our enemies, *
from the hands of all who hate us.
To show mercy to our forebears, *
and to remember your holy covenant.
This was the oath you swore to our father Abraham, *
to set us free from the hands of our enemies,
Free to worship you without fear, *
holy and righteous before you
all the days of our life.
And you, child, shall be called the prophet of the Most High, *
for you will go before the Lord to prepare the way,
To give God’s people knowledge of salvation *
by the forgiveness of their sins.
In the tender compassion of our God *
the dawn from on high shall break upon us,
To shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, 
*Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.
Thanks to Josh Thomas
Thanks to The Daily Office, sidebar

A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE from ARMANDO GUERRA SORIA, Archbishop and Primate of the Anglican Province of the Central America Region

The Most Reverend Armando Guerra Soria, Primate IARCA

MENSAJE DE NAVIDAD DEL OBISPO PRIMADO (EN FUNCIONES) A LA PROVINCIA ANGLICANA DE LA REGIÓN CENTRAL DE AMÉRICA

«Y aquel Verbo fue hecho carne, y habitó entre nosotros (y vimos su gloria, gloria como la del unigénito del Padre) lleno de gracia y de verdad» San Juan 1:14
Navidad: tiempo de reflexión y de esperanza
El misterio de la Encarnación ha cautivado en todas las épocas las mentes más privilegiadas, tanto por su simplicidad como por su complejidad. Simplicidad por cuanto r
equiere un acto de fe que sólo demanda creer que Dios en su infinito amor envió a su Hijo Unigénito para salvarnos de la muerte y del pecado asumiendo para ello nuestra naturaleza humana. Y, complejidad por cuanto nuestra facultad de razonamiento no puede penetrar completamente en los secretos de la naturaleza y voluntad de Dios. Dejemos lo segundo a los Teólogos y Filósofos y nosotros, los que no hemos necesitado más que creer, gocémonos en el hecho histórico del nacimiento de JESUS el HIJO de DIOS quien con su advenimiento nos llenó de vida y esperanza de un mundo nuevo en el que hay paz, justicia y vida de calidad abundante.
Inspirados en el pensamiento anterior, invito a los Obispos, Clérigos y Laicos de nuestra Provincia y a nuestros amigos en general, a que renovemos nuestros esfuerzos en construir un mundo mejor del cual erradiquemos la discriminación, la violencia y la pobreza. Y en los que respecta a nuestra Provincia oremos para que en el próximo Sínodo Extraordinario nos guíe en la elección del líder espiritual que los tiempos presentes requieren.


Su Gracia Rvdma. Armando Román Guerra Soria,

No comments:

Post a Comment